Arlington Residents Still Without Power | News
ARLINGTON, Va. (WUSA) -- As of 11 p.m. Tuesday, 219 homes in Arlington were still without power. A storm Sunday night knocked out power to more than 11,000 homes.
Crews with Dominion Virginia Power have been working around the clock to get the power restored, but their original promise of having all the power back on by 6 p.m Tuesday night was not met. Instead, the deadline was pushed back until midnight on Tuesday.
The bulk of the outages that remained late Tuesday night were isolated to the area off of Williamsburg Boulevard and 33rd Street.
Polly Ranfone, who lives in the neighborhood said, "It's been an inconvenience, but we are trying to stay patient."
Neighbors in the effected areas said the humid and hot temperatures have made the situation worse as it has been difficult to stay cool.
Upcoming Events near Arlington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- COMMUNITY ALERT: Share this Sketch to find the Alexandria killer
- Alexandria murder suspect indicted in Loudoun County
- Information sought in strangulation death of Alexandria woman
- FREE CUPCAKES AT OCCASIONALLY CAKE on SUN. JULY 20; DONATES 50% to METROPOLITAN SCHOOL of the ARTS
- DC judge orders continued detention for terror suspect
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire