Man struck and killed in Rosslyn | News
ARLINGTON, Va. (WUSA) -- Arlington County Police are investigating a crash that killed a pedestrian in Rosslyn early Friday morning.
According to Dustin Sternbeck, spokesman for the Arlington County Police Department, a man in his mid-twenties was struck and killed on Fort Myer Drive at Lee Highway shortly after 2:00 a.m. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sternbeck says the driver of the striking vehicle stayed at the scene and has been taken to a local hospital. Pending charges are unknown at this time.
Right now Fort Myer Drive is shut down between eastbound and westbound Lee Highway. The eastbound lanes of Lee Highway are also closed in the area.
Stay tuned to WUSA*9 and WUSA9.COM for updates on this developing story.
Upcoming Events near Arlington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire