Man stopped with 2 guns at Reagan National | News
WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- Transportation Security Administration officials say they stopped a man with two unloaded guns in his carry-on bag at Reagan National Airport.
TSA officers caught the Martinsburg, WV man armed with two .44 Colt revolvers at the airport on Sunday.
The TSA officer who was staffing the x-ray machine spotted the two handguns as the passenger's carry-on items passed through the checkpoint X-ray machine, officials say.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police cited the man on a local weapons charge and confiscated the guns.
Weapons are not permitted in carry-on bags, but can be transported in checked bags if they are unloaded, properly packed and declared to the airline.
Upcoming Events near Arlington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- COMMUNITY ALERT: Share this Sketch to find the Alexandria killer
- Police: Man reached up woman's skirt at Va. CVS
- Alexandria murder suspect indicted in Loudoun County
- Information sought in strangulation death of Alexandria woman
- FREE CUPCAKES AT OCCASIONALLY CAKE on SUN. JULY 20; DONATES 50% to METROPOLITAN SCHOOL of the ARTS
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire