Volunteers Pick Up 112K Wreaths At Arlington | News
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) -- Volunteers help collect more than 100,000 wreaths that were placed on gravesites at Arlington National cemetery over the holidays.
The volunteer cleanup took place on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and was open to the public.
Volunteers were briefed on the cleanup plan at 8:45 a.m. at the Memorial Amphitheater in the cemetery.
Upcoming Events near Arlington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire