In The Kitchen With The Inaugural Luncheon Chef | News
ARLINGTON, Va. (WUSA) -- Right after President Obama is sworn in Monday, they'll head inside the Capitol to Statuary Hall for the inaugural lunch.
The Inaugural Committee chose Design Cuisine in Arlington to prepare this prestigious luncheon.
With less than 24 hours until the big lunch, it's a massive rush for the most important meal Executive Chef Shannon Shaffer will ever cook.
Make that his second most important.
He cooked for President Obama's first inauguration four years ago.
"I'm excited, I just don't show it. I have to make it look like the job is hard, everyone else does the work, I just take all the credit."
The credit goes to 70 of Chef Shannon's sous chefs, cooks and many others who will pull off this exquisite three course meal.
It includes lobster and clam chowder, hickory grilled Bison and Hudson Valley Apple Pie.
It took half a year to refine the menu, and it comes down to this one meal. Everything has to be prepped by Sunday and then loaded on a truck to go out first thing Monday morning.
Upcoming Events near Arlington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire