Recipe: Crab Soup That Will be Served at President Obama Inaugural Gala | News
Riderwood retirement community in Silver Spring, MD, is sharing the recipe to its award-winning Crab Soup that will be served January 20 at a President Obama Inaugural Gala hosted by the Delaware, Maryland and New York State Societies of Washington, D.C. The Gala will be held at 7 p.m. at The Fairmont Hotel in Washington, D.C. The more than 300 invited guests will include elected officials, friends of the states, and guests from all corners of the globe. Riderwood chefs will serve the soup to attendees.
The recipe follows:
Recipe for Riderwood Retirement Community’s Vegetable Crab Soup
1t Unsalted Butter
¼C Small Diced Yellow Onions
½C Small Diced Celery
1Qt Crab Stock or (1Qt Water 1T Crab Base or Chicken Base)
½C Diced Tomatoes
1½C Mixed Vegetables Fresh or Frozen
(Green Beans, Corn, Peas, Carrots)
1C Small Dice Green Cabbage
½ C Small Fresh Diced Potatoes
4oz Crab Meat Claw
4oz Crab Meat Lump
2T Tomato Paste
¾t Old Bay or to Taste
1 Bay Leaf
¼t Ground Oregano
¼t Ground Thyme
2 Slashes Tabasco Optional
Peel and small dice all vegetables, melt butter in a 4qt pot over med heat and sauté onions & celery until onions are translucent. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 min. Then add herbs and seasonings, diced tomatoes, crab stock and tomato paste. Bring to a boil then turn heat down and simmer the soup for 1 hour. To finish add the crab meat and tabasco to taste cook for 2 min then take off heat let stand for 5 min then serve.
“We are honored to be a part of President Obama’s Inauguration festivities,” said Riderwood Executive Chef Victor Cirrincione. “We will do our best to make sure guests at the Inaugural Gala have a memorable culinary experience.”
Riderwood has won the prestigious Judge’s Choice Award for Vegetable Crab Soup in the yearly Crab Soup Cook-Off held at the Maryland Seafood Festival.
In addition, Riderwood has won People’s Choice Awards in the same category.
The Dining Services team at Riderwood is composed of 600 employees who, under the direction of Magdy Mishraky, comprise an operation of 18 on-campus restaurants featuring a wide variety of dining experiences from formal to casual for residents. The Dining Services team also includes a catering group that creates menus and prepares appetizers, meals and deserts for special events such as wedding receptions and private parties.
Upcoming Events near Arlington
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- COMMUNITY ALERT: Share this Sketch to find the Alexandria killer
- Alexandria murder suspect indicted in Loudoun County
- Information sought in strangulation death of Alexandria woman
- FREE CUPCAKES AT OCCASIONALLY CAKE on SUN. JULY 20; DONATES 50% to METROPOLITAN SCHOOL of the ARTS
- DC judge orders continued detention for terror suspect
- Total Recovery Offers a Game-Changing Look at the Way We View and Treat Chronic Pain and Depression
- The Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine Welcomes Acupuncturist Rebecca Berkson!
- Students switched to another bus after wire touches bus
- Dulles Toll Road rates set to increase 75 cents
- Woman injured, 6 cats dead after McLean fire